TIME AND LOCATION OF OUR SERVICES
• All of our services are held at 637 Scenic Drive, Daisytown, PA 15427.
• Each Sunday morning, we have Sunday School for all ages at 9:45. The worship service begins at 11 a.m. and usually lasts about an hour.
• Sunday evenings, we meet together at 6 in a more informal setting. We sing a handful of songs and dig deeper into the passage from Sunday morning.
• Wednesday evenings at 6, we hold our weekly prayer service. We take some extra time to share prayer requests and an extended time for prayer. We also have a Bible Study dealing with contemporary issues, which allows for great discussion.
WHAT ARE SERVICES LIKE?
• While we all come from diverse backgrounds and circumstances, we believe the Gospel is good news for everyone. In light of this, our Sunday gatherings are designed to bring the Gospel to bear on each of us at the point of our need. Each week, we sing, pray, and teach from the Bible. Our goal is not to manufacture a particular feeling or experience, but to gain something deeper and longer lasting. We pray that, as we come face to face with the truth of who Jesus is and what he's done, our lives will be transformed for his glory and the good of our community.
• Music – Our music is traditional in format, including a choir.
• Sermon – Our pattern is to go through books of the Bible. We do this primarily because we believe the Bible is best understood when each verse is seen within its proper context, as the biblical authors intended. We occasionally step out of this rhythm and spend a season on a certain topic, theme or group of scriptures; however, we believe that preaching verse-by-verse helps us to engage all of the scriptures while preventing us from picking a soapbox or avoiding difficult passages. Each week, we will examine a text and learn what God is teaching us about himself and how we are to live.
HOW SHOULD I DRESS?
• Come just as you are. God’s concern is the heart. You will find worshipers dressed in jeans, slacks, shorts and suits.
IS THERE A CHILDREN’S PROGRAM?
• We have a nursery from birth through kindergarten. You may drop your children off before the Sunday service begins.
• Our children, older than nursery age, join us each week as we sing songs of praise to God. They are then dismissed for a time of fun and Bible study.
ARE MY CHILDREN SAFE?
• Each volunteer is background-checked. We maintain a strong ratio of adults to children so that your child is safe and valued.